Assessing current employees can increase retention and spark engagement. Consider these questions:
- Is the employee using her natural skills?
- What is her productivity level compared with her potential?
- How is the team’s productivity?
- Should this employee be counseled to consider work in a different environment?
- Should the employee be repositioned or reclassified?
- Is the employee ready for new responsibilities?
- What can her direct supervisor do to increase her job satisfaction?
“Only through dedicated work does a man fulfill himself.”
– William S. Carlson