By defining a job properly, you can align it with the right people for it during the employee recruiting process. The Define & Align process comprises five phases:
- Discover (clarify job structure/limitations, identify those who have a stake in the job, and get their feedback).
- Design and Implement (analyze feedback and gain consensus on key accountabilities).
- Deliver (develop and validate job benchmark).
- Support and Reinforce (provide ongoing support and standards for feedback).
- Measure (review results of selection process and identify necessary updates).
“Hard work often leads to success. No work seldom does.”
– Harvey Mackay